Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
The Indian Maritime University is dedicated to impart education in the field of marine. It conducts a common entrance test (CET) for the admissions. The candidates are sponsored by Ship Owning or Ship Management Companies. The courses offered by IMU are:
- Master of Technology Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Course -2 years
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- Bachelor of Technology -4 years
- Master of Technology Dredging and Harbour Engineering-2 years
- PG Diploma in Marine Engineering -1 year
- B Sc Ship Building and Repair - 3years
- MBA Port and Shipping-2 years
- LLM (Maritime Law)-2 years
- B Tech Marine Engineering 4 year program.
- MBA Logistics-2 years
- B.Sc Nautical Science
- B.Sc Maritime Science
- PhD Non-residential
- MBA Infrastructure
|Exam name||Indian Maritime University common entrance test|
|Commonly Known as||IMU CET 2016|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Conducting Authority ||Indian Maritime University|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
The eligibility criteria of different sector are as follows:
- For DNS course- A) 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English at 12th class level
B) The candidates can be B.Sc in any of the subjects Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Electronics and pass with minimum 55 % marks.
Or C) The candidates could be B.tech with 50 % in English.
- B. Sc- Minimum 60% in PCM and 50% in English at 12th Class level. For B.Sc in the field of Ship Building and Repair only 50% in PCM is required.
- B Tech Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture â€“ There must be minimum 60% in PCM and 50% in English at 12th Class level. The 2nd Year lateral entry candidates must have done Marine or Mechanical or Naval Architecture or Electrical in diploma. The lateral Entry into B.tech program is in process by the university and no admission is there.
- PG Diploma in Marine Engineering- At least 50 % in B.tech/ B.E course or program is compulsory.
- M Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- Minimum 60 % marks during B.tech in Mechanical /Civil Aeronautical/Marine/ Naval Architecture.
- MBA- 50 % marks with any stream.
- LLM (Maritime Law)- Minimum 50% marks in any law degree.
A candidate who belongs to General category should not have 25 years age. For reserved category candidates of SC/ST and PD should not more than 30 years of age.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
No notification is been published but the tentative dates are:
|Last date for Online Registration||April 2016|
|Hall Ticket can be downloaded||April 2016 onwards|
|Date of Computer-Based CET||May 2016 between |
|Date of Publication of Results||May 2016|
|Date(s) of Counselling for all UG & PG ||May 2016 to June 2016|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The candidates have to apply online through the official website of IMU.
They have to register themselves and fill the details in the required form.
The details must be accurate and upload the required documents, including category certificate.
The fee is General category 100Rs. For general category and 700 Rs. for reserved seats category.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
Type of Questions- Multiple Type Questions
Total number of questions-180.
Time Duration- 180 minutes or 3 hours.
Subjects- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, English and Aptitude.