Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
KEAM entrance examination stands for Kerala Engineering, Agriculture Medical Entrance Examination. The examination is held by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala Government. The examination is conducted for the undergraduate engineering courses for various government colleges, government sponsored self-financing colleges and private self-financing colleges of the states of Kerala. There are almost 56,000 engineering seats, which are filled through this examination in the state. The KEAM exam is held in various centers like Delhi, Mumbai, Ranchi, Shillong , Dubai (UAE) along with some centers in Kerala.
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Entrance Examination|
|Commonly Known as||KEAM|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate exam|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Conducting Authority ||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicants should be minimum 17 years of age as on December 31, 2016.
- There will be no relaxation in the age for the KEAM applicants and no upper age limit to appear in the examination.
- The candidates must pass Senior Secondary Examination, Kerala, or from a recognized college or university, with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics( for Engineering)/ Biology (for Medical) as well as 50 % marks in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry combined.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Availability of prospectus and security cards at selected post offices||January 2, 2016|
|Online application||January 3, 2016|
|Last date for security cards at post offices||January 29, 2016|
|Last date for online application form||January 29, 2016|
|Last date for receipt of printout of online application||January 30, 2016|
|Admit card||March 28, 2016|
|Last date for submission of document for memo clearance||1st week of April, 2016|
|Engineering Exam paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry)||April 25, 2016 (10 AM-12:30 PM)|
|Engineering Exam paper 2 (Mathematics)||April 26, 2016 (10 AM-12:30 PM)|
|Medical Exam paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry)||April 27, 2016 (10 AM-12:30 PM)|
|Medical Exam paper 2 (Biology)||April 28, 2016 (10 AM-12:30 PM)|
|Result||On or before May 25, 2016|
|Rank list announcement||3rd week of June, 2016|
| KEAM Counselling date||2nd week of June, 2016 onwards|
|Candidateâ€™s data sheet available online ||1st week of July, 2016 onwards|
|Contact||Phone : 0471- 2332120, 2338487.|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
For applying in KEAM examination the following procedure has to be followed.
Step 1: Candidates have to register on the official website of KEAM.
Step 2: Once registration is performed successfully. The candidates can login using the Id password.
Step 3: The Application form can be filled by entering some useful entries.
Step 4: The final submission is to be done once the application form is completed by uploading the required documents.
Step 5: Final step towards filling the application form is payment of a fee. The fees can be submitted through online procedures like net banking, credit/debit card or demand draft or security card.
Step 6: It is important to take the printout of the completely filled application form along with required documents and sent it to above mentioned address.
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.
Phone: 0471- 2332120, 2338487
The application fee for KEAM is 1000Rs. (500 Rs. for SC/ST candidates)
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
- During the examination, there will be 120 questions for 480 marks
- The questions will be of MCQ types with five options.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer and 4 marks will be awarded for every right answer.
- The duration of the test is 2.5 hours.
- The selection will be done on the basis of KEAM rank as well as the qualifying examination. (The Ratio is 50:50)
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
Some engineering colleges taking admissions through KEAM are:
- College of Engineering, Trivandrum
- The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- TKM College of Engineering, Kollam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam
- ACE College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam
Some medical colleges taking admissions through KEAM are:
- Government Dental College, Kottayam
- Government Dental College, Medical College Campus, Kozhikode
- Al-Azhar Dental College, Thodupuzha
- MES Academy of Medical Sciences, Malaparamba
- Educare Institute of Dental Sciences, Malappuram