Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
MGIMS-PMT stands for the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Pre Medical Test. It is conducted by Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences which is situated in Maharashtra state. It is a national level exam for undergraduate students to take admissions in MBBS courses in MGIMS. The exam is conducted in offline mode. The major centers for MGIMS PMT 2016 entrance exam would be: Delhi, Allahabad, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Nagpur.
|Exam Name||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Pre Medical Test|
|Commonly Known as||MGIMS PMT|
|Exam level||University level|
|Conducting Authority ||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
The following conditions are to be fulfilled in order to appear for MGIMS-PMT:
- The Candidate should be 17 years of age on or before 31 December of the year of applying.
- The applicant should have qualified 12th level examination under the Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or correspondent examination of any other recognized Board with Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology.
- The applicant must have acquired at least 50% marks (40% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ NT/ VJ/ OBC) taken together in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Starting date of online application||21 December 2015|
|Last date of receiving online application||18 March 2016|
| Examination date||17 April 2016|
|Contact||Ph: +91 7152 284341-55 (15 lines)|
Toll free number 1800-233-0002
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- The candidates who want to submit their application form can apply through the official website before the last date.
- Candidates are required to fill the online application form and submit it online.
- Application fee for MGIMS PMT 2016 form is Rs. 5000/- . Candidates can either pay to any Cash Counter of the account section in MGIMS College or to any SBI branch with Challan.
Note: There are no paid seats and there is no management quota seats for the MGIMS, Sevagram institute.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The syllabus for MGIMS PMT 2016 entrance exam includes: Biology, Physics, Chemistry topics from 11thand 12th standard and Gandhian thoughts.
- Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be Objective type Multiple Choice questions. While, questions asked in Gandhian Thoughts will be in the form of Theory or Subjective. The questions can be answered in English language only.
- The exam is divided into 2 parts. The First part contains 180 questions equally from Physics, Chemistry and Biology and the second part of question paper is based on Gandhian thoughts for 60 marks.
- The time duration will be 3 hours separately for the two papers.
NOTE: There is NO negative marking.
*NT- Nomadic Tribes