Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Management Aptitude Test or MAT has been a test conducted every year since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to select candidates for the admission to MBA and its related allied programs. The Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD has approved MAT as the national level test in the year 2003. Any B-School, which can be either national or international considers MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the MBA aspirants. It is the largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to be your entrance gate to over 600 B-Schools across all India.
|Exam name||Management Aptitude test|
|Commonly Known as||MAT 2016|
|Exam Category||Post graduate|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority ||All India Management Authority|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicants must be a graduate in any discipline from any of the recognized University or its equivalent.
- One can be a the final year student in any undergraduate program.
- The minimum percentage requirement for the graduation varies with institutions and universities.
- They may ask for a work experience as per requirement, but there is no compulsion for applying in MAT entrance exam.
- Also, there is no restriction of age, percentage or experience for applying in the examination.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Date of Registration||16 April 2016 to 19 April 2016|
|Admit Card||23 April 2016|
|Date of Offline exam||1 May 2016|
|Date of Online Exam||7 May 2016 onwards|
|Counseling||26 June to 3 July 2016|
|Contact||Telephone: 011 - 24645100 / 011 - 24617354 / 011 - 43128100|
Fax: 011- 24626689
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- The candidates have to register online at website link: http://apps.aima.in/matmay16 and fill the details required.
- Upload the photograph and required essentials.
- Make the payment of Rs. 1200 with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or demand draft payment.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40|
There will be total 200 questions which has to be answered in 150 minutes.
The type of questions will be of multiple choice.
There will be 1 mark is given for every correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Total marks will be 800.
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
- AIMS Institutes (AIMS)
- Amity Business School, Noida
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship,
- NIILM Centre for Management Studies (NIILM-CMS)
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS)
- Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Indian Institute of Finance (IIF)