Marine Engineering and Research Institute entrance exam acronym as MERI entrance exam is actually an admission process for getting in to T.S. Chanakya. Navi Mumbai, Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) Kolkata and Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI),Mumbai. Candidates are admitted in these institutes for admission to the 3 - year course leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Sciences) Degree at T.S.Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, 4-year Marine Engineering Degree at Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata and 3-year Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Sciences) Degree at Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai, are selected through the Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE) to be conducted by IITs every year.
There is no separate Entrance Examination for admission to the above training institutes and only those candidates who have qualified in IIT-JEE Examination are called for counseling in the month of July / August.
1. Eligibility: Unmarried (male/female) Indian Citizens. Limited foreign nationals may be admitted with approval of Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India.
Maximum: 20 years old on 1st October in the year of admission.
3. SC/ST: relaxable by 5 years
4. Academic Qualification
As per requirement of IIT-JEE. (Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Entrance Examination)
For more information on IIT Joint Entrance Examination, you may visit any of the Indian Institute of Technology web sites - Kharagpur, Kanpur, Mumbai or Delhi.
5. Seat Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST & 27% for OBC subject to availability. Certification necessary.
6. Mode of Selection
a. Qualify in IIT-JEE Examination.
b. Application to Indian Institute of Maritime Studies (IIMS), Mumbai.
c. Counseling of the selected candidates (Tentatively Last week of July/ First week of August).
â€¢ Paper pattern
SRMEEE 2014 is a single-stage examination divided into three parts. Each part carries 35 questions and consists of 3 different subjects, namely physics, chemistry and mathematics. Each part has a total weightage of 105 marks. For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
â€¢ How to apply?
1. Apply for IIT-JEE Examination.
2. Apply to IIMS for admission.
3. Qualify in IIT-JEE Examination.
4. Appear for Counseling.
5. Final List: Final list of eligible candidates on the basis of IIT-Rank and counseling to be conducted by IIMS, Mumbai. Medical examination of selected candidates will be done by MERI.
6. Course commences at MERI-Kolkata: August/September. (Exact dates to be confirmed through call letter)
7. Application form along with information brochure giving the details of the Training programme at the above three Institutes, Medical standards, etc can be obtained from the following designated branches of Syndicate Bank all over India by payment of Rs.1000 (General / OBC) and Rs.800 (SC/ST)
MERI, Kolkata (Calcutta) is located at:
P-19, Taratolla Road.
Kolkata: 700 088.
West Bengal, India.