NATA 2015 is commonly known as National Aptitude Test in Architecture. The NATA exam is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA).
NATA is a national level examination conducted for the students seeking admission into under-graduate courses in architecture. Candidates will be admitted by the Competent Authority to the architecture course on the basis of the marks obtained in the NATA and the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50. Admissions to 1st year of 5 year B.Arch. degree course at all institutes / schools / colleges of Architecture in India (including Govt., Govt-aided, Private Unaided, University Depts., Deemed Universities, etc) will be on the basis of this exam. The NATA 2015 exam is usually held in the month of March.
1. Those applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA 2015 but are not eligible to apply for the B.Arch courses.
2. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible for NATA 2014.
3. They must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2.
â€¢ Paper pattern
NATA 2015 exam consists of two papers:
Paper-I: Drawing Test
Paper-II: Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
The test is in two parts.
A paper based drawing test
Computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt three questions
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
1. This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice Questions
2. Time allotted to answer the question is between 60 and 90 seconds depending upon the question
There is no Negative marking in this test.
â€¢ How to apply?
NATA 2015 registration forms can be filled online by making a payment of NATA fees of Rs 1000 (plus processing fees) using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan from March 2015 onwards.
In your browser, open Online
1. Click on the â€œClick here to registerâ€ button
2. You will be presented with a form to fill. Enter your desired username, password and your VALID email address.
3. While choosing a password, please note that it should be atleast 8 characters long and MUST have atleast 1 non alphanumeric character.
4. After filling the form, click â€œCreate Userâ€ Button. You will receive an email on the email address given by you at the time of registration. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.