Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
The national aptitude test is meant for the architecture students. The national level entrance test NATA is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA), a Council of Architecture in New Delhi. NASA test is conducted to judge the drawing and observation skills of the future architects. This test makes the students eligible in B.Arch courses of various institutes.
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)|
|Commonly known as ||NATA 2016|
|Exam Category||National level|
|Exam level||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting Authority||Council of Architecture|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicants must be 12th or equivalent exam passed with minimum of 50% marks.
- There is compulsion that a candidate should have Mathematics as main subject in SSC or HSC.
- The candidates who are having 10+3 diploma (any stream) degree from Central/State Government must have an aggregate of 50% marks.
The good news for droppers is that there is no limit for number of attempts in NATA.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
There is no such notification for NATA till date but the tentative schedule is :
|Online Application Form||March 2016|
|Exam Date||April 2016 to August 2016|
|Result||About a week after exam|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The application form will be available online on the NATA official website www.nata.in. The candidates can fill the form details and submit it. The fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking.
The Application fees for the form is 1250 excluding processing fee.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
There will be two tests in 3 hours. One will be pen-paper type test for judging drawing skills and other will be computer test for Aesthetic Sensitivity testing.
|Section 1||Pen-Paper based test||2 Hours|
|Section 2||Computer Based test||No. of Questions: 40|
Time Allotted per question: 60-90 seconds.
Average Time: 1 Hour
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
The topmost institutes accepting NATA score for their admissions are:
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- Manipal University
- Andhra University College of Engineering - Visakhapatnam
- Sir J J College of Architecture
- College of Engineering (Anna University) - Guindy (CEG)
- Manipal University
- Government Engineering College - Thrissur (GECT)
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) - Nagpur
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)