Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
NID Design Aptitude Test is conducted for the courses of Graduate Diploma Programme in Design. This course is organized by National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad for the admission into 4 year under-graduate programmes in Design. The NID is an autonomous institution which is under the aegis of The Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
|Exam name||NID Design Aptitude Test|
|Commonly Known as||NID 2016|
|Exam Level|| National Level|
|Conducting Authority ||National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- Candidates must have passed or must be appearing for Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent like AISSCE/IB/ISC qualifying examinations.
- 20 years is the upper age limit for candidates. The upper age limit is relax-able by 3 years for candidates under reserved categories.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Last date for Online Registration /Application Process ||27 Nov 2015|
|Online availability of Admit Cards for DAT for B.Des. and M.Des. and GDPD candidates ||24 Dec 2015|
|Design Aptitude Test (DAT)||10 Jan 2016|
|Studio Test & Interviews for Overseas candidates (for both B.Des. and M.Des.) at Ahmedabad campus||11 to 14 Jan 2016|
|Declaration of results of Design Aptitude Test for B.Des & GDPD||22 Feb 2016|
|Online availability of Admit Cards for Studio Test & Interviews for B.Des. candidates||18 Mar 2016|
|Conduct of Studio Test & Interviews for B.Des and M.Des. at Ahmedabad NID Campus||17 May 2016|
|Declaration of Final Result||31 May 2016|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- The applications forms should be downloaded from official website www.admissions.edu.in.
- The candidates must fill in the application form after reading the instructions very carefully. The relevant documents should be attached with the application forms in an envelope.
- If the application forms are not filled properly or are incomplete or relevant documents are not attached then application might be rejected.
- With the application form and documents, candidates should attach Demand Draft of Rs 1500/- drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of National Institute of Design, payable at Ahmedabad.
- Rs 1500/- for General category candidates
- Rs 750/- for Reserved category candidates
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The test will be conducted in two phases:
Phase I: Design Aptitude Test
Phase II: Studio Test, Personal Interview and Portfolio Presentation