The NIFT entrance exam is held in two versions - offline and online version. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts its entrance exam for taking admission to B.FTech, M.F.M. and M.FTech for (online) or (offline) and B.FTech, M.F.M. and M.FTech only (offline).
Candidates/ Applicants who are applying for the undergraduate courses in NIFT should have at least 55% marks from a recognized board. Candidates/ Applicants who are applying for the postgraduate courses should have at least 50% marks from a recognized board or university.
â€¢ Paper Pattern
1. GAT is a mandatory test for all aspirants who wish to take admission to B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des, MFM and M.F.Tech Courses. The test mainly judges studentsâ€™ skills in Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
2. CAT is a Creative Ability Test for design course. This test is conducted to judge the creative skill, power of imagination and design ability of the students.
3. MAT Managerial Ability Test for apparel production, management and technology courses. It is administered to determine the managerial skill of candidates. The test stresses on case study and logical ability.
For every incorrect response, 1/4th marks will be deducted from your original score.
â€¢ How to apply?
1. Candidates who wish to appear for NIFT entrance exam can apply in online as well as offline mode.
2. For online mode, the application form can be obtained from the official website of NIFT. Payment of Application fees can be done either through online payment gateway or bank challan at the selected branches of Union Bank of India.
3. In offline mode, candidates can obtain the application forms from any of the 15 NIFT centers against the cash payment of Rs.300. Aspirants willing to obtain the forms through post must send a demand draft of Rs. 300 in the favor of NIFT, New Delhi.
4. Candidates are required to complete the form and send it to the Project Manager, All India Management Association Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110003. The complete form should reach the above mentioned address on or before 14.01.2013.
5. Along with the application form, candidates are required to submit a Demand Draft /Bankerâ€™s Cheque for `1100/- (Rs. 550 for SC/ST/ PH) drawn in favor of â€˜National Institute of Fashion Technologyâ€™ payable at New Delhi.
1. Last Date to Apply: January, 2015
2. Paper Based Test for All Programs: February, 2015
3. Paper Based Test for Design: February, 2015
4. Computer Based Test: February, 2015