Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
The Pondicherry Joint Entrance Test is commonly known as PJET 2016 or CENTAC 2016. PJET 2016 is organized by the Centralized Admission Committee, Government of Puducherry. The examination is conducted for the admission to the Professional Degree Courses in Union Territory of Puducherry. The courses provided are B.Tech., M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc. and AH courses.
|Exam name||Pondicherry Joint Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||PJET 2016|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority ||Centralized Admission Committee, Government of Puducherry|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- For the applicants applying for B.Tech., they have to be maximum of 21 years of age.
- The Nationality of candidate should be an Indian. However, French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession will be treated on par with Indian Nationals, for the purpose of admission to all the courses.
- The candidate applying for B.Tech must have the following eligibility conditions:
1. Must have passed H.Sc (Academic) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu, or
2. The equivalent examination thereto, with a minimum of 45% marks or 40% marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC â€“ candidates.
3. Candidates who belongs to UT of Puducherry, and have passed H.Sc, (Vocational Stream in the area of Engineering & Technology) examination, must be conducted the by the Board of Higher Secondary examination of Tamil Nadu or
4.The applicants having any other equivalent examination should have minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC - candidates) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects, namely, Vocational subjects (Theory and Practical) and a related subject (Mathematics /Physics/Chemistry), are also eligible for admission to the B.Tech degree course.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
Presently, there is no notification on the official website regarding the dates. The admissions are also taken on the basis of JEE score card. The tentative dates are given below:
|Submission of Online Registration||May, 2016|
|Last Date of Receipt of Online Printout||April, 2016|
|Contact||0413- 2655281 to 2655286. |
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The applicants are required to request the Convener for the application form and demand draft, which has to be drawn in favor of the Convenor, CENTAC. The DD is payable at Puducherry along with two self addressed slips on the following address
The Convenor, Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Pondicherry Engineering College Campus
Pin - 605014.
NOTE: It is to be noted that cheques are not accepted in any case.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1||Mathematics||60 Questions|
|Paper 2||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)||80 Questions|
|Paper 3||Biology ( Botany and Zoology)||100 Questions|
The applicants applying for B-Tech have to appear only in Paper 1 and 2.
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
The list of colleges which take admission through PJET are:
â€¢ Pondicherry University School of Engineering and Technology Centre for Pollution Control and Environmental Engineering, Puducherry (Puducherry)
â€¢ Sairam Shipping Science Institute, Puducherry (Puducherry)
â€¢ Regency Institute of Technology, Puducherry (Puducherry)
â€¢ National Institute of Technology (NITPY), Karaikal (Puducherry)
â€¢ Sri Manakula Vinayagar Polytechnic College, Puducherry (Puducherry)
â€¢ Sri Manakula Vinayaga Educational Trust
â€¢ Karaikal Polytechnic College, Karaikal (Puducherry)
â€¢ Sri Chakra Maritime College, Puducherry (Puducherry)
â€¢ Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry (Puducherry)