Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Admissions to all engineering courses available in various colleges of Puducherry is organized by Central Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry. In past years an entrance exam named as CENTAC JET was held by the committee but from 2015, no entrance exam will be conducted by the admission committee. Residents of Puducherry will be selected for admission to B.Tech courses on the basis of marks obtained by them in Class 12th or an equivalent exam conducted by state board of Tamil Nadu or any other recognized board / University.
|Exam name||Pondichery Centralized Admission Committee Joint Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||CENTAC JET 2016|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Central Admission Committee, Puducherry|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- Indian citizens and French Nationals under the Treaty of Cession are eligible for appearng in this entrance examination.
- Candidates have to pass HSC examination which are organised by board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu
- General category candidates need to attain minimum 45% aggregate marks and reserved category(SC / ST / OBC) candidates have to secure minimum 40% aggregate marks.
- Candidates have to clear their examination having 2two compulsory subjects â€“ Mathematics and Physics along with optional subject â€“ Chemistry or Bio-Technology, Computer Science or Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- Candidates from states other than Pondichery must have to qualify in JEE main 2016. They can apply on basis of the scores of JEE main 2016.
- Age bar must not exceed 21 years.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Online registration starts from||9.05.2016|
|Last date of Online Application Submission||25.05.2016|
|Last date for the receipt of the print out of Online Application||30.05.2016|
|Allotment of admit card||a week prior to the examination|
|Conduction of Examination||1st week of June 2016|
|Declaration of results||1st week of July 2016|
|Contact Details||PHONE NO: +91-8940400932|
PHONE NO: +91-8940400958
EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- Candidates who are willing to give CENTAC JET need to fill the application form and pay the registration fees after checking their eligibility.
- Candidate need to follow the mentioned below steps:-
- Go through official website of CENTAC JET.
- Check the official notification of CENTAC 2016 for eligibility criteria.
- Click on apply online link to fill CENTAC 2016 application.
- Fill the application form with correct details.
- Enter the details like name, address, mobile number, email id, academic qualification and all necessary details.
- Upload your latest passport size photo and signature.
- Make the payment through credit card/ debit card.
- Take a print out of filled CENTAC application form for further use.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The question paper of CENTAC will be designed with three subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology and the duration of time is 2 hours. All questions will be in objective type only.
Physics and chemistry is common for all the students only one subject will be changed for engineering students mathematics will be there and for science students biology subject will be there.
Candidates willing to take admission to CENTAC B.Tech course will have to appear for examination on Paper I and Paper II.
For other courses students will have to appear for tests in Paper II and Paper III.
Candidates who are seeking admission to the B.Pharmacy courses must need to attend for Paper II and it is a compulsory for the students. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
- There are 3 papers of 2 hours each
- All papers have multiple choice questions
- Paper 1 â€“ Mathematics sections which has 60 question
- Paper 2 â€“ Physical Science have 80 questions (40 physics set and 40 chemistry set)
- Paper 3 â€“ Biology has 100 questions (50 Zoology and 50 Botany)