Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
PTU CET is conducted by PTU to nominate aspirants for various courses. It is organized by PTU and its affiliated colleges. This exam is compulsory for students wants to become an element of this university. Punjab Technical University is a state university located in Jalandhar, India. In 1997, PTU came to survival by an act of State government. PTU is offering various courses like Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Hotel Management, Medical Lab Technologies and IT disciplines.
|Exam name||Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||PTU CET|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Conducting Authority||Punjab Technical University |
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
Candidates who have passed 12th or the equivalent with physics and Mathematics as the main subjects and any of Computer Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology and Biology as non-compulsory subject is relevant for the degree of B. Tech.
Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent with not less than 50% marks in mathematics and English as main subjects is relevant for B. Arch.
To get admission for B.Pharma, the candidate must have a qualification equivalent to 12th with physics and chemistry as the main subjects along with any of bioTechnology, Computer Science, or mathematics as the optional subjects or 3 year qualification in pharmacy with a minimum of 50% marks would also be eligible for PTU CET examination.
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- To apply for this course, candidates have to submit the application form filled in his/her own handwriting neatly along with the fee deposited slip.
- Filled application form should be sent through speed-post or registered-post or by hand at the following address :-
- Admission Cell, Punjab Technical, University, Ladowali Road, Jalandhar, Punjab-144001.
- Candidate who fails to submit their application before the last date can submit their application form at Kapurthala Campus of University with 1000/- as late fees :-
- Applicants can be rejected if,
- Application is not in prescribed format
- Applicant have not submitted the application form in his/her own handwriting.
- Application form is not supported by requisite attested photocopies documents / certificates.
- If it is a photocopy & not the original copy of the application form.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
- The Exam pattern of PTU CET 2016 usually composed of five separate sections.
- The first three sections consist of Multiple Choice Questions in core subjects.
- These three sections may also consists of descriptive type questions that includes short answer type questions and some numericals.
- The fourth section is is in the local language Punjabi in order to check the proficiency of candidates.
- The last section is to check the candidateâ€™s architectural aptitude.
- This entrance exam is always conducted in English language.
Top Engineering Colleges In India Accepting PET CET 2016 Qualifiers (Knocking Opportunities!!)
- Indian Institute of Technology,Ropar
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Thapar University, Patiala
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sangrur
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering Colleg, Ludhiana
- DAV Institute of Engineering & Technology, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Chandigarh Engineering College, Mohali
- Guru Nanak Dev University Regional Campus, Gurdaspur