TANCET is conducted by Anna University, for admissios to the M.Tech. Programmes offered at University Departments / University Colleges of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamilnadu.
For M. Tech/M.E - The candidate must have passed the following with an aggregate of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates)
1. B. Tech/B.E in the respective disciple
2. B.Pharm. / B.Sc (Agri. / Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery)
3. Masterâ€™s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts,
4. M.Sc. (5 years) Integrated Degree Programme.
5. B.Sc. 3 years (Computer Science / Information Technology) and M.Sc. 2 years (Computer Science /Information Technology
6. MCA (3 years) after 10+2+3 years bachelorâ€™s degree.
7. MCA Lateral Entry (2 years) after 10+2+3 years degree in BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science / InformationTechnology
â€¢ Paper Pattern
The question paper comprises of three parts:
Part 1 & 2 are compulsory while Part 3 will be on the respective chosen discipline/subject
Part 1 (compulsory): 30 questions with 1 mark for each correct answer
Part 2(Compulsory): 30 questions with 1 mark for each correct answer
Part 3: Candidates must choose a choice of a section out of 14 based on area of specialization and answer 40 Questions with 1 mark for each correct answer
Note: Negative marking of 1/4 for every wrong answer
â€¢ How to apply?
1. In Person:
Candidates can walk in person to the specified Co-ordinating Centres with a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate)
They must pay the TANCET 2015 Application Fees in c ash or Demand Draft to get a hall ticket.
2. Registration through Internet:
Candidates must register and log into the website
They must send a copy of the filled in TANCET 2015 Online Application form along with DD and requisite certificate copies and photographs to
TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations,
Anna University, Chennai â€“ 600 025
Note: The hall tickets will be sent by post.
TANCET 2015 Application Fees
The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates)
TANCET 2015 Application fee can be paid via cash or DD Drawn in favour of â€˜The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University,â€™ payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalized bank
DD must be drawn on or after the specified date.
1) Commencement of Registration in Person / Internet: Feb, 2015
2) Last date for Registration at coordinating Centres and Registration through Internet : February, 2015
3) Last date for Spot Registration at Chennai centre and receipt of applications registered through internet: February, 2015
4) Last date for Registration in coordinating Centres in person & issue of Hall Ticket: February, 2015
5) Last date for Registration in Chennai in person & issue of Hall Ticket: February, 2015
6) Exam dates: March, 2015
7) Result: April last week