Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is the wing of Anna University to admit students into Engineering of U.G degree â€“ B.E / B.Tech programmes offered by the university. Students whoâ€™ve completed 12th STD / Plus 2 may apply for TNEA 2015 online or offline on the month of May 2015 after the release of TN HSC results 2015. The TNEA Counseling 2014 for the BE, B.Tech courses completed on the month of July 2014 this year, so the counseling for TNEA 2015 will also be on this duration next year.
1. The applicant must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects in standard 12th.
2. He/she must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in class 12th , 45% minimum aggregate marks as specified for the applicants belonging to Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim, minimum 40% aggregate marks for Most Backward Class (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC) and minimum 35 % for SC/ST/SCA category candidates.
3. Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees can also apply as of now provided they produce the relevant supporting certificates/documents at the time of counseling.
4. The Applicants who have been residing in Tamil Nadu state from last five years or those who have completed the last five years of their education from Class VIII-XII from Tamil Nadu state are also eligible for TNEA 2015
5. Applicants from Tamil Nadu who completed their education in last five years of from a state other than Tamil Nadu will be eligible provided they submit the Nativity Certificate along with the application form
â€¢ Paper Pattern
Paper type: Technical Subjects in the Intermediate Course.
Question Type: Multiple choice questions on Science subjects.
Duration will be of 2 Hours 30 Minutes (150 minutes).
Exam Mode: English
â€¢ How to Apply?
1. For successful application, the applicants are supposed to pay the applicable application fee as specified below-
i. General Category candidates - Rs. 500/-
ii. SC/ST/SCA categories candidates â€“ Rs. 250/-.
2. The application fee is solely payable by Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of â€œThe Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissionsâ€, payable at Chennai.
Note- The applicants must write their name and address at the back side of the DD and should also preserve a copy of the DD with them for future records.
TNEA 2015 Application Form
Eligible students will be able to send their application in both online and offline mode. The Application Form of TNEA 2015 will be available in the following modes-
a) TNEA 2015 website
a) TNEA 2015 website
1. Open any of the internet browsers and open the website of TNEA 2015
2. At the homepage, you will see the link â€œApply Onlineâ€ TNEA 2015 Application Form
3. Click on the specified link and as it opens you will be supposed to enter the required details in the blank fields in the application form
4. Once you have entered the details, fill the details pertaining to fee paid by Demand Draft.
5. Now, you may final submit the TNEA 2015 Application Form and proceed to generate a print of the application form.
The aspirants can also avail the TNEA 2015 Application Form personally by visiting the designated application centres. The authorities will publish the list of TNEA 2015 Application Centres on the official website. So, you will have to visit the any of the nearest application centre and purchase the TNEA Application Form and prospectus against payment of fee in cash.
You will have to send a letter to the Requesting to post the application form to you.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai â€“ 600 025
Along with the letter, you must also enclose the Demand draft of Rs. 700/- (Rs. 450 /- SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu with a photocopy of the permanent community card) and a self addressed (in CAPITAL LETTERS) stamped envelope to which the application form is required to be mailed to you.
1. Date of start of Issuing TNEA 2015 Application form : May 1st week, 2015
2. Last Date to Apply for TNEA 2015 : May last week, 2015