Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test is commonly known as UPMT. The UPMT exam is conducted by the Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar. The UPMT is a state level medical examination for those students who want to get admission in MBBS and BDS medical programmes. The UPMT entrance examination has been held every year in Uttarakhand and the UPMT 2015 entrance examination has proposed to held in the month of May 2015.
1. The candidate must have passed the HSC or its equivalent with the subjects as physics, chemistry and biology with minimum 50% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBCs categories.
2. The candidates appearing for the HSC examination in March 2015 are also eligible for UPMT 2015. The admission is a subject to passing and meeting the eligible criteria mentioned earlier.
3. The candidates must have attained the age of minimum 17 years as on or before the 31st December 2014.
4. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
5. Candidates, who are domiciled/permanent residence of Uttarakhand and passed the HSC examination or its equivalent from recognized institute of state, are eligible for the UPMT 2015.
6. Candidates, who are not domiciled/permanent residence of Uttarakhand and passed the HSC examination or its equivalent from recognized institute of another state, are also eligible for the UPMT 2015.
â€¢ Paper pattern
The syllabus of UPMT entrance examination includes the physics, chemistry and biology from class 11th and 12th. The UPMT entrance examination will be of 3 hour comprises of multiple choice questions.
â€¢ How to apply?
The candidates, who wish to take the admission in their desired programme in medical and dental field, may get the UPMT 2015 application form through the GPO (General Post Office) of their cities. The application form would be available also in GPO Lucknow and GPO New Delhi.
The candidates may get the UPMT application form along with prospectus on cash payment of Rs. 1700/- for general and OBC candidates and Rs. 1200/- for SC/ST candidates. By means of post the candidate may have to pay additional Rs. 40/- charges.
Proposed dates are month of May 2015