VELS Entrance Examination (VEE) is a common entrance examination, which is being conducted in order to provide admission to B.E, MBA, MCA, B. Pharm and M. Pharm courses offered under the VELS University, Chennai. VEE is being conducted every year by VELS University. The exam is conducted in various centers across India depending on the strength of the students applied.
1. Applicants who want to pursue Marine Engineering must have passed HSC or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 60% aggregate and minimum 50% score in English at Xth and XIIth standard.
2. To be eligible for the Engineering courses the candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics with 50% aggregate score.
3. To be eligible for the Biotechnology and Biochemistry courses the candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Chemistry, Physics and Biology with 50% aggregate score.
â€¢ Paper pattern
1. The VEE entrance examination paper will comprise of 100 objective type questions for a maximum of 100 marks, each question carrying one mark.
2. The exam duration is 90 minutes.
3. For B.E programs: The test paper consists of total 100 objective type question from the subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Fundamentals of Computing, and General knowledge.
4. For B.Pharm/Pharm. D: The test paper consists of total 100 objective type question in the topics such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
5. For MBA: The test paper consist of total 100 objective type question in the topics such as Language comprehension, mathematical skill, Analytical skill, Intelligence and critical reasoning and Indian & global Environment.
6. For MCA: The test paper consist of a total 100 objective type question in the topics such as Computer fundamentals (40), English communication (20), Mathematical skill (20) and general knowledge (20).
7. For M. Pharm/ Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate): The test paper consist of a total 100 objective type question in the topics such as General knowledge (50) and 50% from Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy practice, Pharmaceutical analysis and Pharmaceutical.
â€¢ How to apply?
The last date for submission of filled-in application forms online, or by post or in person is 30th April, 2014. For application forms received on or after April 19th, 2014, Hall tickets will be sent to the respective test centers to be collected by the candidates on the day of Examination.
1. Application Forms can be obtained,
2. By sending a demand draft for Rs. 850/- drawn in favor of â€œThe Registrar, Vels Universityâ€ payable at Chennai, with a request letter and a self addressed envelope containing the full address of the applicant.
3. Applying online and submitting the application with a payment of Rs.800/-, to be paid online using Debit/Credit card or net banking.
4. By handing over a demand draft or cash of Rs. 800/-in person at Vels University campus at Pallavaram, Chennai. (Or) at the City administrative office.
5. Results of the entrance examination will be published in the University website within 15-20 days from the date of the Exam.
6. Call letters will be sent for counseling in batches and allotment of batches will be made on the basis of rank secured in the Entrance Examination.
7. Admission will be based on the marks scored in the Entrance Examination and the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
8. OMR Sheet will be provided for answering.