1) - Responsible for all food production in the area assigned to him.
2) - To assure conformance to all food production standards and specifications set by the executive chef.
3) - To control usage and eliminate wastage with a view to minimizing food costs.
4) - To maintain a high standard of cleanliness in his station.
5) - To make out daily requisitions for the supplies needed with the approval of the executive chef or the sous chef.
6) - To upkeep all equipment used in his section.
7) - To work with all other sections and maintain harmony in the main kitchen.
8) - To train and supervise kitchen personnel in his station.
9) - To ensure that employees in the department conform to house rules and policies of the hotel.
10) - To initiate the performance evaluation of his subordinate staff.
11) - To personally supervise the maintenance of proper cooking, thawing and storage temperatures for all raw and cooked food in his/her station.