Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founder of the UAE and ruler of the federation since 1971, died in Nov. 2004. His son succeeded him. In Jan. 2006, Sheik Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the prime minister of the UAE and the emir of Dubai, died. Crown Prince Sheikh Muhammad ibn Rashid al-Maktoum assumed both roles.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the federation of 7 Emirates i.e.;
- Abu Dhabi
- Ras Al khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
Education System of the UAE has a variety of academic institutions, government
as well as private universities. Few government universities have restriction
on admission to nationals only but in private universities enrolment is open
for any student who wish to study in UAE, by the condition of fulfilling
Secondary or High School Students
If you want to enroll in primary, secondary or high school, a residence visa is required and may be education institution permit to make their UAE VISA application which will be based on the sponsorship of parents. But remember that this option is available only for full time students.
Other than primary, secondary or high school students, residence visa is not required.
Following documents are required for VISA;
- Original passport having 6 months validity with 6 copies
- Passport size colored photos at least 12
- Evidence entry visa
- Evidence of acceptance to a UAE tertiary institute UAE i.e. offer letter issued by the university and its photocopy
- For the proof of funds, bank statement as evidence
- If you are staying in university’s accommodation, a tenancy agreement or letter from university.
- Attested graduation degree
- On arrival, 3 passport copies with entry visa.
Following are the thing which you should also keep in view;
A medical test from an authorized UAE medical center (allow AED 200-500) will be required.
Test result on following;
- For HIV
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Hepatitis B or C, or leprosy
If results come back positive for any of those conditions, the person is deported, except for syphilis which is treated, but this may change. Check with UAE immigration department or UAE Ministry of Health.
Student residence visas are normally only valid for 1 year at a time, so you will need to be renewed each year during your whole study program.
VISA CHARGES AND FEES
- There are differences in fees between different emirates.
- There are also differences depending on if the university is located in a UAE education free zone such as Dubai Academic City or Knowledge Village, or not.
STUDENT VISIT VISA
If once you are registered with any university or college in UAE, you can obtain a visit visa. It is more useful for the students who are attending short courses.
Cost of Visit VISA: AED 1000
Validity of Visit VISA: 60 days (not quite 2 months)
This visa is renewable twice on payment of AED 500.